The first period is an important event in a girl’s life and part of the normal process of becoming an adult. While some girls can’t wait for their first period to come, others may dread it, not knowing what to expect and feeling shy or embarrassed to ask questions.
As I have promised in my previous post, I will continue answering girls’ questions about the first period.
- Can I Play Sports or Be Involved in Other Activities During My Period?
Of course you can! Your period should not affect your daily activities. You can continue to exercise, swim, bike ride, and have fun. Some girls and women even find that exercising while they are having their menstrual period reduces or prevents stomach cramps and discomfort. During these activities, it is important to use high quality sanitary pads, like Love Moon Anion Sanitary Napkins, so as to prevent spotting and discomfort. You can also use tampons, which come handy especially when you are involved in activities like swimming.
- How do I know which feminine care products are best for me?
There are many products on the market and there is a variety of products to choose from, according to your needs. It is best to talk openly to your mother, school nurse or another adult you trust and who can help you make a good choice. To learn more detailed information about how to choose a sanitary napkins, here is a great page I recommend: FreeSanitaryNapkins.com
- How do I know if I need to see a doctor about my period?
You should consult your doctor:
- if you are bleeding for more than 7 days
- if you are bleeding excessively
- if you suddenly feel sick after using tampons
- if you have unbearable pain during your period
- if you bleed between periods (more than just a few drops)
- if your period has suddenly stopped
- if you have not started menstruating by the age of 16.
If you have any specific questions that have not been answered in this post, please feel free to write them in the comments section.